Advances in Neuroblastoma Research Conference (ANR 2012) – Invitation to the Parent Symposium and Reception
Dear Neuroblastoma Parents and Families:
Every two years, hundreds of researchers and doctors from around the world gather at the Advances in Neuroblastoma Research conference (ANR – www.anr2012.com) to share what they are learning about neuroblastoma. ANR is in Toronto this June and is being chaired by Dr. Sylvain Baruchel from the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids).
An evening session has been arranged for neuroblastoma parents and families. You are cordially invited to attend the Parents Symposium at 5:30pm on Tuesday, June 19th, 2012, followed by a Reception at 7:00pm, at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel on Front Street in Toronto. Costs for the Reception have been generously donated by conference Diamond Sponsor, The James Fund for Neuroblastoma Research (www.jamesfund.com).
At the Symposium, parents will be able to engage in round-table discussions with experts and specialists on a number of different topics. There is no cost to attend the Symposium and/or the Reception. On-site care will also be provided for children aged 3+ by Camp Ooch (www.ooch.org). If you require accommodations to stay overnight in Toronto, please make your own arrangements. Rooms are available at the Royal York Hotel at a reduced rate for attendees.
To register for the Symposium and/or the Reception, please email ANR2012@onetoonecommunications.ca by Friday, May 23, 2012. In the registration email, please include the following information:
- Attending Parent Symposium: Yes, No
- Please list the names of the individuals attending the Symposium.
- Please indicate the top three topics that you would like to hear about at the Symposium from the following:
- Research advances and clinical trials.
- Survivorship, late-effects and aftercare.
- Social issues (i.e., effects on siblings, marriage, and relationships).
- Palliative care and patient/family support.
- Fundraising and awareness.
- Attending the Reception: Yes, No
- Please list the names of the individuals attending the Reception.
- Are there any food allergies? Yes, No. If yes, please specify
- Is child care required? Yes, No
- How many children require care? Please list their names and ages.
- Does your child/children have any special needs that we need to be aware of?
- Please include any questions that you may have about the Parent Symposium and/or the Reception.
We hope to see you on June 19th!
Sincerely, Tami Moscoe, Syd Birrell, Antonia Palmer and Anita Chow
Parent Symposium Organizing Committee
A PDF version of the invitation to the Parent Symposium and Reception is also available.